Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who Are They?

"No one ever told me that," he said as he looked down at the crowded streets below. She stopped, she could tell he wasn't ready to hear the whole story and she wasn't ready to tell him. He looked back at her. She was beautiful in a strange sort of way. "The mark is why those cats didn't kill you," she said. He looks down in the palm of his hand. He always thought it was a strange sort of thing, but never this strange. "How do you know about that?" he asks. She laughed, "I'm over 5,000 years old, there's not much of anything I don't know. I know most of what was and will be in this world and the here after." "Are you saying,I'm one of them, who are they?" "They are part of a pride of shape shifting cats," she said. "Like Werewolves?"he asked. "Yes, but your destiny is unclear," She says. "What about the ruins?" he asks. "You didn't get what you needed there, you didn't see, because you weren't looking," she said. "Next time, I'll be prepared," he says defiantly as he turns to face her. The room is silent again and she is back on her perch stiff and still.

No comments:

Post a Comment